This month is HUGE! We closed on our house and we're in the process of moving in. Everyone's been asking us about our new home... So let me invite you in and we can share a cup of coffee while I give you all the updates!
We're officially homeowners!
Here we go — your first look into the house!
It's 100% a work in progress. Right now, we're painting the major rooms before we move everything over, so we haven't even started sleeping in our house.
We DID, however, spend our first night as homeowners "camping out" on the main floor. We celebrated with Rhombus Guys pizza (we got married in the restaurant, so it's super special for us!). He had beer; I had kombucha.
Next Coffee Conversations, we should be all moved in. Stay tuned for that update.
The coolest thing about tracking your progress
From day one of CrossFit, I've tracked my workouts.
While packing, I stumbled upon the original notebook I wrote my workouts in. Now it lives at the gym, and I've started something I've wanted to do for a while — redoing some of the first workouts from my CrossFit days (about 6 years ago)!
I enjoy CrossFit-style workouts for many reasons, but variety of workouts is one major reason. That said, you hardly redo workouts except for "The Girls" or select hero workouts, so it's not always easy to track progress.
That's why I'm picking through my first notebook and retesting myself.
Because it's easy to get caught up in thoughts like "I still can't do muscle ups" or "I haven't PR'd my snatch in over a year" but when I can clearly see how much progress I've made since the first couple years? HUGE.
What I'm currently reading
- Cozy Minimalist Home: More Style, Less Stuff by Myquillyn Smith — now that we're homeowners, I'm very curious how to express my vision without cluttering my home with useless stuff. Hoping this read helps guide me!
- The River: A Novel by Peter Heller — I picked up this novel because I've been craving an adult fiction novel instead of the young adult fantasy I normally read. So far, I'm enthralled. The descriptions bring me back to Duluth!
- The Cruel Prince by Holly Black — Haven't picked this one up yet, but it's next on my list as soon as the library has a copy available. I've heard mixed things, but it sounds like my kind of read!
Shareworthy internet reads
- Want to be a better listener? I think we could all use these tips!
- Downtime is productive. Yes, you read that right.
- “...the Arctic has warmed at more than twice the rate of the global mean since the mid-1990s...,” the report reads, which notes the Greenland ice sheet is losing about 267 billion tons of ice each year.
- How the right morning routine for you can make you happier and more productive.
- Is kelp the secret for sustainable, nutritional farming and restoring our oceans? This is surprisingly convincing!
New posts this month
Message from the Kitty Committee
The cats definitely know something's up, with boxes piled everywhere. Currently, the kitty committee is just trying to relax during this hectic time. They've got no idea what fun things await them during the move!