It's about time we get together for another coffee date, isn't it? Grab a hot cup of coffee (it IS warming up in Fargo, but there's still snow on the ground) and let's get to talking.
Are you excited for spring? Has the first two months of a new decade treated you well?
House update: here's our progress!
Well...to be honest, I thought we'd have more done by now! It is what it is, though.
We've got the main rooms of the house painted our main color, which is wite with just a tiny bit of cool grey. We have the trim of our bedroom and my office painted black.
Up next, we'll paint the rest of the trim on the main floor and the kitchen cabinets.
As soon as it's warm enough to install, we'll also put weather-stripping on the exterior doors and patio doors — they're all desperately in need of weather stripping to help keep the warm air inside! Luckily we're at the tail end of winter; heating this house all winter must have been crazy expensive.
We also have what we've lovingly named our "hobbit closet" in our bedroom. It will become our main closet. For now, we're living out of suitcases; we'll soo install curtain rods to hang our clothes from in this closet.
The houseplant craze is real
Yes, I'm a millenial.
Ever since I bought my first snake plant, I've wanted more houseplants — now that we're homeowners, my plant ownership multiplied significantly!
A couple friends gifted us plants at our housewarming party, and I was already propogating my pilea peperomioides, snake plant, and haworthia.
Now I'm sporting quite the plant collection. Can't complain; this is exactly what I wanted for our home!
Nut butter blends in on-the-go pouches. These things are GREAT! My favorite (unsurprisingly) is the Coffee + MCT Oil Blend. Visit the shop to see all their flavors and their new BIG-sized pouches!
These little packs have definitely come in handy during our move and while painting. It's easy to get caught up in all the housework, and even though I pre-prepped meals in anticipation of the work, I ended up in a few situations where I didn't even want to break long enough to heat up food and do the dishes. SuperFat to the rescue!
Primal Kitchen Peanut Butter Collagen Fuel
This is another product that really came in handy during our move! A scoop of Primal Kitchen's Peanut Butter Collagen Fuel in my blender bottle was an easy snack when we didn't want to stop for a full meal.
Strong Roots Sweatshirt
I HAVE to give a shoutout to my gym, Strong Roots, and our apparel supplier, Shirts from Fargo! I've never really been a sweatshirt person (I'm a zip-up hoodie gal), but I won a sweatshirt from our gym as part of a holiday promotion.
Why not give it a try? And I have to admit, I was WRONG about sweatshirts. It's SO incredibly comfy. Had to make my favorites list this month!
What I'm currently reading
My nightstand is piling up with books this month! But every book I'm reading this month should make for a fairly quick read. Let's get to the list!
- Made WholeMade Simple by Christina Curp — Christina Curp (aka The Castaway Kitchen) sent me a copy of her new cookbook, which is being released in just a couple days. This book is LOADED with amazing info and her signature packed-with-flavor recipes!
- Cozy Minimalist Home: More Style, Less Stuff by Myquillyn Smith — Still working my way through this book a little each night. I read a few pages while my husband is still getting ready for bed.
- The Wicked King & The Queen of Nothing by Holly Black — After finishing The Cruel Prince, I immediately jumped into the next two novels of this trilogy. I don't exactly like the protagonist, but that definitely makes for interesting twists in the story!
- Thick: And Other Essays by Tressie McMillan Cottom — This has been on my to-read list for quite a while, and I'm finally preparing to read it this month. Thick is a widely-acclaimed collection of essays about taking up space—physically and non-physically. I'm all about that right now, so this seems a great time to digest this book!
- Indistractable: How to Control Your Attention and Choose Your Life by Nir Eyal — Say what you want about self-help books, but I always find nuggets of useful, applicable information. Hopefully I find some gems in this book before my 2020 wedding season gets going!
Shareworthy internet reads
- A straightforward guide to finally start working out, even if you've never worked out before.
- How entertainment can be both objectifying and empowering at the same time.
- Did you know that the US "recycles" most of its plastic waste by literally exporting it to other countries? Well, China won't take it anymore. What now?
- Do you think you could compliment everyone you made eye contact with for a day? This guy did it.
- It seems unavoidable — the Environmental Working Group found that almost all drinking water is contaminated with "forever chemicals."
New posts this month
Message from the Kitty Committee
Change can be good! Even though the new house was scary and HUGE at first, it also means more room to play and new adventures.
Leave a Reply