Tender baked sesame chicken meatballs with a sticky-sweet honey sesame sauce. Serve 'em up with cauliflower rice, white rice, or mashed sweet potatoes for a full meal!
For the Meatballs:
- 1 1/2 lbs ground chicken
- 1/8 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/4 cup packed fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut aminos
For the Sauce:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and grease a large cast iron skillet with olive oil.
- Add ground chicken, chili flakes, chopped cilantro, minced garlic cloves, sesame seeds, salt, pepper, almond flour, and coconut aminos to a large bowl. Using your hands, work the meatball ingredients together until evenly mixed. Don’t overwork the meat or your meatballs may end up tough!
- Still using your hands, form the meat into roughly 18 golf ball-sized meatballs. Place meatballs into a large cast iron skillet. Set aside.
- Add honey, fish sauce, coconut aminos, tomato paste, rice vinegar, olive oil, and sesame seeds to a small bowl. Whisk until smooth. Pour the sauce over the meatballs in the skillet. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the meatballs are cooked through.
- Serve over cauliflower rice, white rice, or whatever veggies your heart desires. Leftover meatballs and sauce keep well in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Keywords: Baked sesame chicken meatballs