Simple and delicious, Chicken, Kale, and Sweet Potato Bowls make a great lunch or meal prep dish!
For the bowls:
- 1 large sweet potato, diced
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup sliced red onions
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- Chopped almonds, for garnish
- Lime wedges, for garnish
For the almond butter sauce:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the diced sweet potatoes to the baking sheet and drizzle in 2 teaspoons olive oil and season with salt. Toss to coat. Spread the sweet potatoes out in a single layer. Add the 1/2 red onion to the baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring the potatoes halfway through.
- While the potatoes are roasting, prep the kale. Drizzle the kale with 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil. With your fingers, massage the oil into the kale. You’ll feel the kale start to lose its toughness and get more tender. That’s what we’re going for! Set aside.
- Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a skillet. Pound the chicken breasts to even thickness with a meat pounder. Season generously with kosher salt and pepper. Cook the chicken for 4-6 minutes on each side. Remove to a plate and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice crosswise into thin strips.
- Make the almond butter drizzle by combining the almond butter, coconut aminos, and rice vinegar in a medium bowl. Add water to thin to your desired consistency.
- Finally, we’re ready to assemble the bowls. Split the kale, sweet potatoes, roasted red onion, chicken slices, and shredded carrot. Drizzle with almond butter sauce. Garnish with chopped almonds and lime wedges.
Keywords: chicken kale sweet potato bowl