Classic chicken salad makes a perfect quick lunch or no-cook dinner! Start with 3/4 cup mayo and add more to suit your tastes. I forgo the celery in favor of chopped green apple, but if you can't have chicken salad without the celery, finely dice 1 small stalk and add it in!
- 2 cups leftover roasted chicken, cubed
- 1 cup green apples, chopped
- 1 cup grapes, halved
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 to 1 cup mayonaisse
- Combine the chicken, apples, grapes, green onions, cilantro, parsley, slivered almonds, red onion, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Add 3/4 cup mayo and stir until completely combined. Add more mayo to suit your tastes. Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Keywords: chicken salad