What's summer without a Classic Paleo Potato Salad recipe? And let me tell you, I loaded my version with good stuff.
- 2 pounds russet or Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 tablespoon reserved boiling water
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons paleo mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped dill pickles
- 3 tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 slices crispy cooked bacon, chopped
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- Peel and cube the potatoes. Add to a deep pot and fill with water until potatoes are completely submerged. Set the pot on the stove and heat the water to boiling. Let boil for 3-4 minutes, then immediately remove from heat and drain through a colander, being sure to reserve 1 tablespoon of the boiling water. Give the potatoes a good shake in the colander to get rid of excess water, then add back to the pot. Return pot to the burner for a few seconds, stirring the potato cubes with a spoon. Transfer the potato cubes to a large mixing bowl.
- In a medium bowl, combine the reserved potato water, red wine vinegar, mayo, chopped dill pickles, shallot, sliced scallions, salt, pepper, parsley, dill, chopped bacon, and chopped egg. Stir until well-combined. Pour over the potatoes and stir to coat. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Keywords: Classic Paleo Potato Salad