These coconut fudge bars have a chewy & crunchy base filled with rich cacao and sunflower seed butter fudge. Gluten free, paleo, keto, and vegetarian!
- OPTIONAL: Toast the coconut, cashews, and walnuts. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread coconut shreds, copped walnuts, and chopped cashews evenly on the baking sheet. Toast for about 7 minutes, until the shreds are golden brown. Remove from oven, turn oven off, and let cool.
- Line an 8X8 pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together maple syrup and 1/4 cup of sunflower seed butter until smooth. Stir in the coconut, walnuts, cashews, and salt. Separate out about 2/3 of this mixture and press into the bottom of the pan. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the remaining sunflower seed butter, vanilla, honey, cacao powder and melted coconut oil. Stir until smooth. Pour evenly over the crust in the pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining crust mixture overtop. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or freeze until firm enough to cut into squares. Store covered in the fridge or freezer (you can eat them right out of the freezer, if desired).
- Serving Size: 1 square
Keywords: Coconut Chocolate Bars