- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ghee or coconut oil
- 2-3 cups cauliflower florets, broken into chunks
- 1-2 cups bone broth or water
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Fill a pot 1/4 of the way full with water. Set a metal colander or steaming basket over the water (being sure the colander is not submerged in water) and add the cauliflower florets. Bring the water to a boil. If using a colander, cover the cauliflower with the pot lid (it doesn’t have to perfectly fit, but it helps to hold the steam in!). Steam for 10-15 minutes or until fork tender.
- Meanwhile, melt the ghee in a small skillet over low heat. Add garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes until soft and fragrant.
- Add steamed cauliflower, sautéed garlic, 1 cup broth, and the rest of the ingredients to a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth, adding more broth until desired consistency is reached. Alternatively, you can add all ingredients to a deep pot and use an immersion blender to blend.
Inspired by Pinch of Yum's Creamy Cauliflower Sauce
Keywords: Creamy Cauliflower “Cheese” Sauce