These perfectly crispy skillet chicken thighs that are perfect for weeknight meals! Once you get the basics down, you can create all sorts of new flavors by pairing the thighs with different with spices and sauces.
- 2 pounds bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon kosher sea salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Lay chicken thighs skin side down on a cutting board. Using a sharp kitchen shears or paring knife, cut away the bone and cartilage attached to the ends of the bone. Save the bones in a freezer-safe container for broth!
- Flip the chicken thighs over so they’re skin side up. You’ll notice the thighs are much thicker on one end than the other. Use a meat pounder/tenderizer to pound the chicken thighs to an even thickness — this ensures even and fast cooking! Season the chicken thighs with kosher salt.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken thighs skin side down. Cook for 5 minutes, until the skin is golden brown and nicely crisped. The fat will splatter — a splatter guard is extremely helpful for this kind of cooking! Use kitchen tongs to flip the thighs and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes, until cooked through. Remove to a wire rack or paper towel-lined plate to drain excess fat. Serve immediately.
Keywords: chicken thighs, crispy chicken, paleo, gluten free, whole30, keto, low carb