This Crispy SunButter Chicken is coated with pork rinds, fried, and drizzled with an addicting SunButter sauce. Use chicken thighs or chicken breasts as you see fit!
For the chicken:
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons No Sugar Added SunButter
- 1 one-oz bag of paleo-friendly pork rinds
- 3/4 - 1 cup extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
For the sauce:
- 1/2 cup No Sugar Added SunButter
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup - 1/2 cup water
- Pound the chicken thighs to uniform thickness. In a shallow bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, egg, and SunButter until smooth. Add the pork rinds to a food processor and pulse until crushed into a coarse flour. Transfer the crushed pork rinds to a second shallow bowl.
- Preheat the oil in a deep skillet over medium-high heat until just before it starts to smoke. Once the oil is heated, you can begin dredging the chicken. Dip each chicken thigh into the coconut milk mixture and let excess liquid drip off. Quickly transfer to the dry bowl and coat in pork rinds. Finally, gently add the breaded thigh to the skillet. Cook for about 4 minutes on each side, flipping with kitchen tongs. Remove to a plate to cool. Repeat with all chicken thighs.
- Meanwhile, whisk together SunButter, coconut aminos, and honey in a bowl for the sauce. Slowly add water, starting with 1/4 cup and increasing to your tastes, mixing thoroughly until smooth.
- Serve each chicken thigh with cauliflower rice or white rice and drizzle generously with sauce.
Keywords: Crispy SunButter Chicken, SunButter, paleo, keto