A perfect summer treat! Feel free to swap the peaches for another stone fruit or berries.
- 1 pound peaches
- 1 1/2 cups full fat coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons cassava flour
- 1 tablespoon almond flour
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a shallow 1 1/2 quart baking dish with ghee or coconut oil. Arrange the peaches in the bottom of the dish.
- Warm the coconut milk in a saucepan over medium heat until small bubbles appear at the edges. Do not boil! Alternatively, you can heat the coconut milk in a microwave-safe dish for 30 seconds at a time until melted and smooth.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or using a hand mixer/whisk and large bowl), beat together the eggs, coconut sugar, and salt until creamy. Add the cassava flour and mix until incorporated. Add the coconut milk and vanilla extract, beating until smooth. Pour the batter over the peaches and bake for 45-55 minutes, until browned. Transfer the pan to a rack to cool, then serve warm.
Keywords: clafoutis, peach clafoutis, gluten free