Quick and easy Whole30 Skillet Steak Fajitas can be on the table in under 30 minutes! With just a few simple ingredients, this recipe is sure to become a weeknight favorite.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika (see notes)
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pound skirt steak
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1/4 cup packed cilantro, chopped
- 1 large tomato, cut into wedges, for garnish
- 1 avocado, sliced, for garnish
- lime wedges, for spritzing
- Combine 2 teaspoons olive oil, chili powder, chipotle powder, cumin, garlic powder, smoked paprika, sea salt, and black pepper in a bowl, mixing until a paste forms. Rub the skirt steak on both sides with the spice paste.
- Preheat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add seasoned steak and sear for 4-5 minutes on each side. Transfer to a cutting board and tent with foil while the steak rests.
- Meanwhile, scrape up any browned bits from the cast iron and add the remaining olive oil. Add the bell peppers and onion to the skillet, stirring regularly for about 5 minutes until the vegetables are seared and softened. Stir in the chopped cilantro.
- Turn off the heat. Slice the skirt steak thinly across the grain and place on a large serving plate. Top with the cooked vegetables, avocado slices, and chopped tomato. Garnish with lime wedges, if desired. Serve with gluten free or paleo tortillas, if desired.
If you don't have smoked paprika on hand, feel free to substitute with regular paprika.
Keywords: skillet steak fajitas