Top these gluten free pumpkin pancakes with toasted nuts, roasted fruit, or pumpkin/apple butter for a true breakfast treat!
- 1 1/2 cups cassava flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons ghee/butter/coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/2 cups dairy free milk (I used an almond/coconut milk blend)
- In a large bowl, combine the cassava flour, arrowroot powder, baking powder, sea salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Add the maple syrup, vanilla extract, pumpkin puree, eggs, melted ghee, and dairy free milk, stirring until smooth.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of cooking fat in a cast iron skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Add 1/4 cup of the batter to the skillet at a time, adding as many pancakes as you can fit. Cook for 3-5 minutes, until air bubbles start to form around the edges of the pancake. Flip and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Repeat until all batter has been used.
- Serve with maple syrup, toasted nuts, coconut cream, or roasted fruit. Get creative!
Keywords: pumpkin pancakes, paleo, gluten free, nut free, pumpkin, breakfast