Nut free gingerbread SunButter brownies feature sunflower seed butter, molasses, and gingerbread spice for a festive, chocolatey treat!
- 1 cup No Sugar Added SunButter, plus 2-3 tablespoons for swirling if desired.
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa or cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons cassava flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/2 teaspoons gingerbread spice (see Notes)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup mini dairy free chocolate chips
- Preheate the oven to 350 degrees and line a 9x9 pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the SunButter, coconut sugar, maple syrup, and molasses, stirring until smooth. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix until just combined. Add the cocoa powder, cassava flour, baking soda, gingerbread spice, and sea salt, using a spatual to mix evenly. Finally, add the chocolate chips, stirring just until incorporated.
- Add the batter to the lined pan. If you'd like to add the swirl, drop 2-3 tablespoons of SunButter onto the batter and use a knife to gently swirl the SunButter. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes, until the top of the brownies are crinkly and the center doesn't jiggle when you shake the pan. Let cool completely before slicing and serving.
To make a gingerbread spice mix, combine 2 tablespoons cinnamon, 2 tablespoons ginger, 2 tablespoons allspice, 1/2 tablespoon clove, 1/2 tablespoon nutmeg, and 1/2 tablespoon cardamom. Mix well and store in a sealed container.
Keywords: gluten free, paleo, nut free, dairy free, SunButter, sunflower seed butter