Gluten free apple crisp is even better when you add in toasted walnuts! I use gala, granny smith, or honeycrisp apples for this recipe. Serve it with some ice cream for the ultimate autumn treat!
- 7 cups sliced apples
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon cassava flour, divided
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons coconut sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup chilled ghee
- Preheat oven to 375°. Spread walnuts out on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Transfer to the oven and toast the walnuts for about 7 minutes, until fragrant. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- In a large bowl, stir together apples, 1/4 cup coconut sugar, 1 tablespoon cassava flour, lemon juice, and cinnamon. Spread out on the bottom of an 8-inch square baking dish.
- In the same large bowl, combine remaining cassava flour, walnuts and remaining coconut sugar. Cut in chilled ghee.
- Sprinkle crumble overtop the apple mixture. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the topping is golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream.
Keywords: Gluten Free Apple Crisp