For the Walleye
- 1 large walleye fillet (1 - 1.25 pounds), skin on
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Mango Salsa
- 1 large mango, cubed
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, minced
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Combine all ingredients for the mango salsa in a medium-sized bowl. Stir to incorporate. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat (about 400 degrees). Rub olive oil all over the walleye fillet and sprinkle the flesh side with salt and pepper.
- Place walleye fillet on the grill, skin side down, and cook for 8-10 minutes, flipping halfway through. My fillet was about an inch thick and took 10 minutes. If you fillet is thinner, adjust the cooking time accordingly!
- Once the fillet is done grilling, serve skin side down, garnished with mango salsa.
Keywords: grilled walleye with mango salsa