Make your own iced chai tea latte at home! You just need some spices, black tea, nut milk, and sweetener for a refreshing paleo and dairy free iced chai tea at a fraction of the coffee shop price.
- 1 inch piece ginger, roughly chopped
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorns
- 10 whole cloves
- 6 green cardamom pods, smashed
- 6 pieces star anise
- 6 cups water
- 6 bags black tea OR 6 teaspoons loose leaf black tea
- 2 cups cashew milk or non-dairy milk of your choice
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- Ice, as needed
- Combine ginger, cinnamon, peppercorns, cloves, cardamom pods, star anise, black tea, and water in a large glass or stainless steel bowl or cake pan. Cover with a dish towel or plastic wrap and let sit for at least 12 hours (but no more than 15 hours).
- Pour the brewed chai tea through a nut milk bag or fine mesh sieve lined with cheesecloth. You can store the chai tea in a tightly sealed container in the fridge for at least a week.
- To make the latte, pour about 1/3 cup cashew milk into a glass. Add 1 teaspoon of honey. Stir until the honey dissolved. Add ice, if desired, then pour in about a cup of chai tea and stir. If it's not sweet enough for you, add more honey to taste. Garnish with cinnamon sticks and star anise, if desired. Makes 6 servings.
Keywords: Iced Chai Tea Latte