- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Use a fork to pierce holes around the sweet potatoes and wrap them individually in aluminum foil. Roast for 50 minutes or until tender and cooked through.
- Let the sweet potatoes cool slightly, then unwrap. Run the sweet potatoes under super cold water for a couple minutes. The skin should slough off easily! Remove the skin and discard.
- Add the sweet potatoes to a pot and mash with a potato masher.
- Add the ghee, maple syrup, cinnamon, and sea salt to the pot. Mash again to combine. Use a hand mixer on medium speed to whip the sweet potatoes and ghee mixture together until smooth.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 5 days. If desired, drizzle with extra coconut milk or melted ghee when serving.
Keywords: maple butter sweet potato mash, sweet potato mash, mashed sweet potato