Sweet and spicy Maple Chipotle Chicken pairs perfectly with scrambled eggs for breakfast tacos! Top with sliced red radish and red cabbage for added crunch. Pickled radish or pickled red onion works well here, too!
For the Maple Chipotle Chicken:
- 1 1/2 pound chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon stoneground mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
For the Tacos:
- Add chicken thighs to a Dutch oven and cover completely with water. Bring the water to a boil. Once the water is boiling, reduce heat to a simmer. Cover the dutch oven and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add maple syrup, tomato paste, mustard, smoked paprika, salt, and chipotle powder to a bowl. Stir until smooth.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, drain completely. Add the chicken thighs back to the dutch oven and shred using two forks. Alternatively, you can shred the chicken using a stand mixer.
- Add the maple syrup mixture to the shredded chicken and stir until the chicken is completely coated.
- To assemble the tacos, add a little maple chipotle chicken and scrambled eggs to a tortilla. Top with red cabbage, radish, parsley, and drizzle with ranch. Serve immediately.
Keywords: maple chipotle chicken, tacos, gluten free tacos