- 8 ounces bacon, chopped
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 12 ounces sliced cremini mushrooms
- 4 ounces sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 4 cups cauliflower crumbles (~1 head cauliflower)
- 1/4 cup beef or chicken bone broth
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 2 teaspoons coconut aminos
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- If necessary, make cauliflower crumbles. Add cauliflower florets to a food processor and pulse until broken down into coarse crumbles. Set aside.
- In a dutch oven or deep pot, cook the bacon pieces over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pot, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in the pot. Set the bacon aside.
- Return pot to medium-high heat and add onion, garlic, and thyme to the drippings. Cook for 3 minutes until slightly browned and tender. Add mushrooms, salt, and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in cauliflower crumbles and broth, cooking for 5 minutes. Add spinach, bacon, and coconut aminos, stirring until spinach has wilted. Remove from heat.
- Transfer to a 2-quart baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes. Serve warm.
Keywords: Mushroom bacon cauliflower casserole