A quick one skillet meal with chicken cutlets and mushroom sauce — it’s so tasty! Pair with mashed potatoes or roasted veggies for a well-rounded meal.
- 2–3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, approx. 1 pound total
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons cassava flour
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons ghee or butter
- Using the flat side of a meat mallet or a rolling pin, flatten each chicken breast to an even thickness. Sprinkle each side of the cutlets with salt and pepper.
- Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place cassava flour in a shallow dish. Dredge each cutlet in the cassava flour, shaking off any excess. Add cutlets to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until done. If necessary, work in 2 batches to avoid overcrowding the pan.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the drippings in the skillet. Add mushrooms, sauteing for 5 minutes or until browned and all the moisture has evaporated. Add the red wine vinegar, scraping up any bits at the bottom of the skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes until the vinegar evaporates. Stir in the broth, sage, thyme, and rosemary. Bring to a boil. Continue boiling until mixture reduces by about half and thickens slightly. Remove from heat and whisk in coconut aminos and ghee 1 tablespoon at a time. Spoon sauce over chicken cutlets and serve.
If you’d like the sauce to be a little thicker, reserve the excess cassava flour from dredging the cutlets and sprinkle it into the sauce while it boils.
Keywords: one skillet, chicken cutlets, chicken cutlets with mushroom sauce, whole30, low carb