Make sure you don't skip the 2nd step for these gluten free brownies - it's critical for the perfect texture and delicate crinkly top!
- 3 eggs, large
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 tablespoon instant coffee (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 9 tablespoons butter or ghee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons Maldon sea salt flakes
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the eggs and coconut sugar. Beat on medium speed, gradually increasing to medium high speed, until the mixture light, almost frothy, and doubled in size. This will take up to 5 minutes.
- In a separate, microwave-safe bowl, combine the chopped chocolate and butter or ghee. Microwave in 20 second increments, stirring in between, until completely smooth. For me, this took about 50 seconds.
- Once the egg mixture is light and frothy, turn off the beaters. Add the almond flour, coconut flour, cocoa powder, instant coffee, and sea salt, stirring with a spatula until just combined. Add the melted chocolate mixture and thoroughly mix again. Finally, add the vanilla extract and chocolate chips, stirring just to incorporate.
- Pour the brownie batter in a greased 9x9 baking pan. Top with a sprinkling of sea salt flakes. Bake for 35 minutes or until the top of the brownies are crinkly and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean. Cool completely before slicing.
Keywords: gluten free brownies