A simple gluten free and paleo recipe featuring skin-on chicken thighs slathered in dairy free pesto and bacon, then baked. Dinner's ready in 30 minutes!
- 5-6 bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup basil, packed
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 strips bacon, cut in half
- 1 Tbsp salt
- Lemon juice (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Using a sharp knife or kitchen shears, de-bone the chicken thighs. Place thighs, skin side up, in an oven-safe dish. Sprinkle with salt and set aside.
- Add pesto ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Brush each chicken thigh with about 1 tablespoon of pesto each. If you'd like, use your fingers to rub pesto under the skin of each chicken thigh. Add a squeeze of lemon juice, if desired, and layer bacon on top of the thighs.
- Transfer the dish to the oven and cook for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serving Size: 1-2 chicken thighs
Keywords: Pesto Bacon Chicken Thighs