- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the ends off the plantains and slice in half lengthwise. Roast the plantains for 10 minutes. Let cool slightly, then peel. It should be easier to peel them after they've roasted!
- Add the peeled plantains to a blender and food processor and blend until they start to ball up. Add the coconut oil, eggs, coconut flour, tapioca starch, baking soda, apple cider vinegar, cinnamon, and salt, processing until smooth.
- Once smooth, set aside for at least 5 minutes. This allows the coconut flour to work its magic and thicken the mixture up. Seriously, don’t skip this! If you skip it, the mixture will be too liquidy and they won’t keep a nice biscuit-y shape.
- Drop heaping spoonfuls of the thickened plantain mixture on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. I used about 1/4 cup of batter per biscuit, yielding 8 larger biscuits. Bake for 15 minutes.
Keywords: Plantain Drop Biscuits, plantain biscuits, plantain breakfast sandwiches