- 2 green-yellow plantains (or use leftover Mashed Plantains and skip the first two steps)
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil or ghee
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (omit for AIP)
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle powder (omit for AIP)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons paleo mayo
- 1 teaspoon water (optional)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Fill a large pot 3/4 full with water. Slice lengthwise down the peel of each plantain and chop each plantain horizontally into 3 or 4 chunks. No need to peel it now—it's significantly easier to peel after boiling!
- Add the plantain chunks to the pot and bring the water to boiling. Boil for 7 to 10 minutes, until the plantains can easily be pierced with a fork. Use a slotted spoon to remove the plantain. Pull the peels off and discard.
- In a large skillet, add the olive oil/ghee and brown the beef over medium heat. Add olives, capers, paprika, onion powder, chipotle powder, salt, and plantains. Stir the mixture and roughly mash the plantain pieces with a fork or spatula, breaking them into smaller pieces. Turn off heat and spoon the mixture into 3-4 bowls.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayo, water, and parsley. Add additional water to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over beef bowls and serve.
Keywords: Plantain olive beef bowls