Tongue is one of the most tender cuts — which means it makes amazing tacos! My favorite taco toppings here are thinly sliced cabbage, thinly sliced radish, and/or pickled red onions.
Pork Tongue Tacos
- 1 batch Plantain Tortillas
- .8-1 pound pork tongue
- 1 tablespoon chipotle powder
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- ½ tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons ghee or butter (optional)
- 1/4 cup water or beef broth
- thinly sliced red cabbage, for garnish
- thinly sliced radishes, for garnish
Cilantro Avocado Creme
- 1 avocado
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- Place the pork tongue, chipotle powder, chili powder, salt, ghee, and broth in a small crockpot.
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours. Remove the tongue and use a paring knife to remove the rough outer skin of the tongue. Chop up the remaining meat of the tongue and return to the crockpot until ready to serve.
- To make the cilantro avocado creme, add the avocado, cilantro, lemon juice, and coconut milk to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serving Size: 2-3 tacos
Keywords: pork tongue tacos, pork tongue