- 2 cups cubed potatoes (I used 3 small potatoes)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 cups sliced cremini mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb ground sugar free sausage
- 10 ounces frozen cut spinach, thawed
- 1 large green bell pepper, sliced thin
- 18 eggs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a glass 9x13 baking dish by oiling the bottom and sides with 2 teaspoons olive oil.
- Put the cubed potatoes in a pot and cover with water. Bring the water to a boil and parboil the potatoes for 5-7 minutes. Strain through a colander and shake to rid the potatoes of excess water. Set aside.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the sausage, using a spatula to break it into small chunks. Once the sausage is browned, transfer it to the baking dish.
- Add the remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil to the same skillet you cooked the sausage in. Add the garlic, mushrooms, and bell pepper. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Squeeze excess water out of the thawed spinach, then add it to the skillet. Cook for another minute or so, until any water evaporates.
- Add the veggie mixture to the glass baking dish, followed by the potatoes. Stir with a spatula so everything is evenly dispersed.
- Crack all the egg into a large bowl and whisk until light and frothy. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour the beaten eggs over the sausage and veggie mixture. Move to the oven and bake for 35 minutes, until the eggs are cooked through. Serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to a week.
Keywords: Potato Sausage Veggie Egg Bake, paleo egg bake, potato sausage egg casserole