Smokey pork and juicy pineapple make a perfect pairing for these Gluten Free Pulled Pork Tacos with Pineapple Radish Salsa! Use your favorite storebought or homemade tortillas.
For the Pulled Pork:
- 2 lb pork loin roast
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder (optional)
- 1/4 cup water
For the Pineapple Radish Salsa:
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pineapple
- 1/2 cup matchsticked radishes
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
For the Tacos:
- 1 batch tortillas (use the paleo recipes in my e-book Tacos Every Damn Day or your favorite storebought version)
- cilantro, for garnish
- First, prep the pork. Combine the smoked paprika, ground black pepper, sea salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and cayenne in a small bowl. Rub the pork roast with the spice mixture, covering every nook and cranny of the roast. Add the roast to a slow cooker and pour the water into the bottom. Cook on HIGH for 3 hours or on LOW for 7 hours. At this point, the pork should shred easily with two forks. Reduce the slow cooker to WARM while you prepare the tortillas (if necessary) and salsa.
- To make the salsa, add the pineapple, radish sticks, red onion, cilantro, and lime juice in a large bowl. Stir to combine.
- Assemble the tacos by adding a couple tablespoons of pulled pork across a tortilla. Top with the pineapple radish salsa and garnish with additional cilantro if desired. Eat immediately.
Cook times will vary by the size of your pork roast; adjust as necessary. If using a pork shoulder roast, you can omit the water - I only find it necessary for lean cuts, like pork loin!
Keywords: pulled pork tacos