Homemade chocolate cups are easier than you'd think! And with a hint of pumpkin spice, these make a perfect fall treat.
- 12 oz high quality bittersweet chocolate, chopped (see notes for subbing chocolate chips)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup creamy no sugar added SunButter
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon ghee, melted
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice (see notes)
- Add the chopped chocolate and coconut oil to a double boiler or microwave-safe bowl. If using a double boiler, melt the chocolate over barely boiling water, stirring continually until smooth. If using a microwave, microwave in short bursts of 10-15 seconds. Stir vigorously between each 10-15 second burst. For me, it took about 1 minute total for smooth melted chocolate.
- Arrange silicon or double paper muffin liners on a cookie sheet or cutting board (for easy transfer to the fridge). Pour between 1-2 tablespoons of melted chocolate into the bottom of each liner — about 1/4" of the liner. Transfer the tray to the fridge to set for at least 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine SunButter, honey, pumpkin, melted ghee, and pumpkin spice in a medium bowl, stirring until smooth. Set in the fridge until the chocolate from step 2 is set.
- Pull the tray with the muffin liners and the SunButter mixture out of the fridge. Drop a heaping tablespoon of the SunButter mixture into each muffin liner, smoothing out the top with the back of a spoon while making sure there is space between the mixture and the sides of the liner so you can seal the sides with chocolate. Pour the remaining melted chocolate into each cup until the SunButter mixture is covered. Return to the fridge for at least 20 minutes to set. Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- Prefer to use chocolate chips? Just sub the chocolate and 1 tablespoon coconut oil for 2 cups chocolate chips!
- To make pumpkin spice, combine 4 teaspoons cinnamon, 2 teaspoons ginger, 1 teaspoon cloves, 1 teaspoon nutmeg, and 1/2 teaspoon allspice. Store in a sealed container.
Keywords: SunButter, pumpkin spice, pumpkin, SunButter cups