Simple roasted sweet potato rounds make a perfect side dish or meal prep veggie. Change up this recipe by using your favorite herbs/spices or use a different cooking fat, such as coconut oil.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon kosher sea salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, ghee, or butter
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet (or 2) with parchment paper.
- Carefully slice the sweet potatoes into 1/3” to 1/2” rounds. Toss the sweet potatoes with olive oil on the baking sheet, then spread out into an even layer — be sure to leave an inch or so of space between the sweet potato rounds! Use two baking sheets if you have to. Sprinkle with sea salt and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, flipping once halfway through.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Keywords: sweet potato, side dishes, gluten free, whole30, paleo