- 1 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup cassava flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup cashew milk (or non-dairy milk of your choice)
- 1/2 cup ghee or extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Add almond flour, cassava flour, baking soda, and sea salt to a large bowl. Mix together until uniform.
- Separate egg yolks from egg whites. Add the egg yolks, almond milk, ghee, and honey to the dry ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Whisk the egg whites by hand or use an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Add the whipped egg whites, diced jalapeno, and diced red onion to the batter and stir just until incorporated.
- Cook the waffles using your waffle maker’s instructions. My waffle maker doesn’t have an automatic timer, and each waffle took roughly 4-5 minutes until done.
Keywords: Savory Paleo Cornbread Waffles, cornbread waffles, paleo waffles