Easy and flavorful, this weeknight sesame shrimp scampi with zucchinin noodles recipe is paleo, whole30, nut free, and ready in under 40 minutes!
- 8 cups ice water
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 large zucchini
- 1 tablespoon ghee or extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
For the Sesame Vinaigrette:
- Combine ice water and salt in a large bowl, stirring until salt dissolves. Add shrimp, cover and refrigerate 30 minutes. Once that time’s up, drain the shrimp and discard brine, then rinse and pat dry.
- While the shrimp brines, make zucchini noodles using the spiralizer. Add zucchini noodles to a colander. Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons of sea salt and toss. Let sit for about 20 minutes. Then gently squeeze the excess water out of the zucchini noodles using paper towels or a linen cloth. Be careful not to squeeze the noodles too much, rendering them soggy and lifeless — instead, you’re just squeezing out the excess moisture that the sea salt has released!
- Prepare the vinaigrette by whisking together the sesame seeds, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, coconut aminos, and sesame oil.
- Heat cooking fat of choice in a large skillet over high heat. Add shrimp and stir-fry 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook an additional minute. Reduce heat to low. Add vinaigrette to the pan and bring to a boil. Cook for a minute, stirring constantly. Add zucchini noodles and saute for 1-2 minutes, stirring to coat the noodles in the sauce. Remove from heat and serve immediately.
Keywords: Sesame Shrimp Scampi