Shrimp, Sausage, and Caulirice Skillet
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 12 ounces nitrate free andouille sausage (such as Niman Ranch)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped yellow onion
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 pound medium or large shrimp, peeled, deveined and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons Creole Seasoning (see below)
- 4 cups riced cauliflower (roughly 1 head of cauliflower)
- To make the Creole Seasoning, combine all spices in a small bowl and mix.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add sausage and cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Add bell pepper and yellow onion to pan and cook for an additional 3 to 5 minutes until tender.
- Add shrimp and Creole Seasoning to the skillet and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in caulirice and cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes until shrimp are pink and no longer translucent.
If you're using pre-cooked andouille sausage, add it to the skillet when you add the shrimp instead of cooking it at the beginning.
Keywords: Shrimp sausage cauliflower rice skillet