- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 large head green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 28-ounce cans crushed tomatoes + juices
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup no sugar added raisins (optional)
- 2/3 cup riced cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook for 5-6 minutes, until softened and fragrant. Add the ground beef to the skillet and partially brown it, using a spatula to break the meat up into smaller chunks.
- Transfer the beef and onion to the crock of a slow cooker. Add the cabbage, crushed tomatoes, apple cider vinegar, raisins, cauliflower, tomato paste, garlic, parsley, sea salt, and black pepper. Stir to incorporate.
- Cook on LOW for at least 6 hours, or until the cabbage has softened. Stir again before serving. Leftovers will keep in the fridge for at least a week, or freeze for up to 3 months.
If you'd like the soup to be a little thicker/heartier, just use 1 can of crushed tomatoes and only 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.
Keywords: slow cooker, crockpot, cabbage roll, soup, whole30, paleo, low carb