With spicy chorizo, bell peppers, green chiles, and more, this Whole30 Southwest Chorizo Breakfast Casserole is anything but boring. Be sure to check the label of the frozen hashbrowns - many contain additives!
- 16 ounces chorizo (this is my brand of choice)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups frozen hashbrowns, thawed
- 2 cans chopped green chiles
- 2 bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 12 large eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut milk or non-dairy milk of choice
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, pitted and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- Oil a 9”x13” rectangular baking dish.
- Heat olive oil in a cast iron skillet. Add chorizo and cook, breaking up with a spatula, for 5-8 minutes until almost cooked through.
- Place the hashbrowns in the baking dish. Add chorizo, green chiles, and bell peppers, stirring briefly.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, coconut milk, scallions, and salt until blended. Pour over potato chorizo mixture.
- Unless preparing immediately, cover with a lid and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to bake, remove from the refrigerator and let come to room temperature. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bake uncovered for 45 to 55 minutes or until knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and top with jalapeno slices, avocado slices, cilantro, and salsa. Cut into 10 squares and serve.
Keywords: paleo, gluten free, Whole30, breakfast casserole