Need a protein-packed treat? These Strawberry Protein Waffles boast 20 grams of protein per serving! They're crispy on the outside & light in the middle - perfect for breakfast or an on-the-go snack.
- 1/2 cup Equip Prime Protein, Strawberry
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 2 tablespoons ghee or coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk (I like using oatmilk!)
- In a large bowl, add the protein powder, almond flour, arrowroot flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt. Whisk until completely combined. Add the eggs, almond butter, melted ghee, and non-dairy milk. Stir until a batter is formed. Set the batter aside for about 15 minutes to give the flours and protein powder time to absorb some of the liquid.
- Oil your pre-heated waffle maker and add the batter. Typically the waffles will be finished in about 5 minutes, when there is almost no steam coming out of the waffle maker.
- Let the waffles cool a few minutes before eating. They will be somewhat soft at first, but will crisp up on the outside as they cool! Garnish with fresh strawberries and a bit of syrup. Or eat as-is for an on-the-go protein-packed snack.
To make these waffles nut free:
- Omit the almond flour and almond butter
- Add 1/2 cup cassava flour
Keywords: protein waffles, strawberry waffles, dairy free