These vibrant Chipotle Chicken Burrito Bowls work well for meal prep or a nutritious dinner bursting with fresh veggies. Feel free to change up the veggies or add your own favorites!
For the chipotle chicken:
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to uniform thickness
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
For the cilantro lime cauliflower rice:
- 1 head cauliflower, riced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
For the bowls:
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced romaine lettuce
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 avocados, pitted and sliced
- First, start the chicken. Combine 1 tablespoon olive oil, lime juice, and spices in a small bowl to form a paste. Rub the chicken all over with the spice mixture, then set aside while you prepare the cilantro lime cauliflower rice.
- To rice the cauliflower, cut the head of cauliflower into florets. Add the florets to the bowl of a food processor, working in batches if necessary. Pulse until the florets are uniformly riced.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet. Add the cauliflower rice and salt. Saute, stirring frequently, for 5-6 minutes, until the caulirice softens. Add the lime juice and saute for another minute, stirring continually. Remove from heat and stir in the minced cilantro. Scrape into a large bowl and set aside.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in the same skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook undisturbed for 3-5 minutes, then flip and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing into thin strips.
- Assemble the bowls by dividing the cilantro lime cauliflower rice, romaine lettuce, bell pepper, red onion, radishes, cherry tomatoes, chipotle chicken, cilantro, and sliced avocado between 4 bowls. If desired, garnish with lime wedges or additional toppings.
If making for meal prep, it’s best to store the veggies separate from the meat and assemble just before eating.
Keywords: chipotle chicken, burrito bowls, whole30, low carb, keto, paleo