This straightforward BLT breakfast bowl makes a perfect, veggie-filled way to start the day. Skip the skimpy meals and sugary pastries for this bowl of morning fuel!
- 4 rashers thick-cut bacon
- 1 bunch kale, stemmed and roughly chopped
- 1 large beefsteak tomato,sliced
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Prepare the bacon. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Carefully add the bacon, cooking for 4-5 minutes on each side or until browned and crispy. Remove the skillet heat and use kitchen tongs to transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate. Once cool enough to handle, reserve 1 tablespoon of the bacon fat in the skillet and discard the rest.
- Sauté the kale. Add the reserved bacon fat to the skillet and return to medium-high heat. Add the kale and sauté for 2-3 minutes, until softened slightly. Remove from heat.
- Soft-boil the eggs. Bring about 3 quarts of water to a gentle simmer in a medium pot. Using a slotted spoon or strainer, gently lower the eggs into the water. Cook for 6 minutes, then remove the eggs with a slotted spoon. Let cool enough to handle, then peel the eggs.
- Assemble the bowls. Divide the kale between two bowls. Top each bowl with bacon, tomato slices, and sliced avocado. Gently slice the soft-boiled eggs in half and add to the bowls, yolk-side up. Garnish with black pepper and sesame seeds and serve.
Keywords: blt breakfast bowls, breakfast bowls, gluten free, low carb, keto, paleo