- 2 sweet plantains (yellow/brown)
- 1 can coconut milk (or coconut water)
- 4 cups water
- 1 Tb honey (for a vegan version, add preferred alternate sweetener)
- 1 vanilla bean
- Preheat the oven to 400. Peel the plantains by cutting off the ends, slicing vertically down the middle, and peeling. Place the peeled plantains in an oven-safe dish and roast for 20 minutes to caramelize.
- Meanwhile, cut the vanilla bean vertically and scrape out the contents.
- Add cooked plantains and water to a high-powered blender and blend until smooth. Strain through a fine-mesh strainer and discard solids.
- Rinse out blender, add all ingredients, and blend again until smooth. Store in a sealed container in the fridge. The juice will last about a week!
- Serving Size: ~1 cup