Oven-baked walleye gets a huge bump of flavor from zesty chimichurri! This meal is fast and oh so delicious.
For the Walleye:
- 1 12-16oz walleye filet
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
For the Chimichurri:
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1 medium garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- First, prep the chimichurri. Finely mince the cilantro, parsley, and garlic cloves. Add them to a bowl. Add the salt, red pepper flakes, and red wine vinegar. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil, whisking to emulsify. Set aside while you prep the rest.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Lay the walleye out on the baking sheet, then drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes, until the fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork.
- Slice walleye into individual portions and serve with chimichurri.
Keywords: baked walleye, chimichurri, gluten free, low carb