Dinner's under 30 minutes away with this quick and easy chicken curry recipe! It's paleo, dairy free, Whole30, keto, and low carb.
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger (2” piece fresh ginger)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red peppers (optional)
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1/4 cup cilantro or basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts or cashews
- Serve with: paleo flatbread
- Heat 2 tablespoons coconut oil in a large deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and saute for 3-5 minutes or until golden and fragrant. Add the garlic and ginger, stirring to coat everything with oil. Lower the heat and add the red curry paste, curry powder, and coriander. Cook, stirring often, for 2-3 minutes or until fragrant.
- Return the heat to medium high. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon coconut oil and the red bell pepper. Cook for 1-2 minutes to soften the bell pepper. Add the chicken and sprinkle in the salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, for 4-5 minutes or until the chicken is browned on all sides but not fully cooked through.
- Pour in the coconut milk and lime juice. Stir until the chicken is cooked through and the curry has thickened slightly. Remove from heat and stir in the frish sauce.
- Serve over rice or cauliflower rice. Garnish each bowl with cilantro, basil, peanuts, and/or cashews. Serve with additional lime wedges if desired.
Keywords: paleo, gluten free, low carb, keto, curry, chicken curry