- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 tablespoon freshly-cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 1 bunch broccoli, chopped into florets
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. In a medium bowl, combine 3 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice, capers, sliced lemon, smashed garlic cloves, salt, and black pepper. Whisk until combined and set aside.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with additional salt and pepper and add to skillet, skin sides down. Cook for 10 minutes, until chicken is browned and skin is crispy. Flip the chicken using kitchen tongs. Add the broccoli to the skillet and toss around to coat the pieces in fat, being careful not to cover the chicken. Pour the lemon mixture over the chicken and broccoli.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and juices run clear. Serve the chicken with broccoli and pan sauce.