With a quick and easy Whole30 sauce, these grilled mango habanero wings are perfect for summer!
- 1 dried habanero chile
- 3 large mangoes, peeled, pitted, and cubed (plus more for garnish, if desired)
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 1/4 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- Snip the stem off the dried habanero and discard the stems and seeds (you should be able to just shake the seeds out). Place the dried habanero in a microwave-safe jar or bowl and microwave in 15 second increments for 30 seconds to toast the habanero. Cover the habanero with water. Use a fork or spoon to submerge the habanero below the surface and soak for 10 minutes.
- Once the habanero has softened, add it to a high-powered blender along with the mango cubes, coconut aminos, fish sauce, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, ginger, yellow onion, and garlic. Blend on medium to medium-high until smooth.
- Pat the chicken wings dry and add to a shallow bowl or container. Measure 1/2 cup of mango habanero sauce and pour over the wings, stirring to coat each piece. Cover and place in the fridge to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Add the remaining mango habanero sauce to a pot and heat over medium heat, stirring frequently, for about 10 minutes or until the sauce has darkened in color slightly and reduced to your desired thickness. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- When ready to cook the chicken, turn on the grill and heat it to medium-high heat (around 450 degrees F). Remove the wings from the fridge. Measure an additional 1/2 cup of mango habanero sauce to baste the wings as they grill.
- Use tongs to place the chicken wings directly on the grill grates. Brush 1/4 cup of mango habanero sauce on the wings and close the grill cover. Grill for 5 minutes, then flip and brush with more mango habanero sauce. Cook for an additional 5 minutes, then transfer to a clean plate.
- Garnish wings with fresh chopped parsley and extra cubed mango, if desired. Serve with leftover mango habanero sauce as a dip!
Too cold to grill? Follow these instructions to bake the chicken wings, then toss them in 1/2 cup sauce once they're done!
Keywords: Whole30 Mango Habanero Wings