Your summer potlucks just got an upgrade thanks to this paleo & Whole30 Mediterranean Cauliflower Salad! Tender steamed cauliflower serves as a solid base, with roasted bell peppers, olives, red onion, parsley, and a simple dressing to create unmistakable Mediterranean flavor and color.
- 1 large head of cauliflower, trimmed & cut into florets
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped green olives
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Set a steamer basket in a large saucepan. Fill the pan with water up to (but not touching) the bottom of the basket. Bring water to a boil over high heat. Add the cauliflower florets and cover. Steam for 5 to 8 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, prep the bell peppers. Halve the bell peppers and remove the seeds. Set the oven to broil on high. Place each bell pepper cut side down on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Broil for 5-10 minutes, until tender and skin has blackened in spots. Remove from oven and transfer to a bowl. Cover the bowl with a dish towel and let cool for 5 minutes. Remove the skin (it should slide off fairly easily). Slice into strips.
- Transfer cauliflower to a large bowl. Add roasted bell peppers, red onion, parsley, chopped olives, crushed red pepper, and celery. Toss to combine.
- Whisk together extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, black pepper, and salt. Pour dressing over vegetables and toss gently.
- Cover and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes to 1 hour. If serving cold, refrigerate up to 4 hours.
Keywords: Mediterranean Cauliflower Salad, cauliflower bell pepper salad, cauliflower salad