For the Orange Pecan Kale Salad:
- 1 large bunch kale (about 5 cups after you chop it up)
- 1 orange
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted if desired
- 1/4 cup sugar-free raisins
- 1 cup leftover chicken breast, shredded or cubed (optional)
For the Citrus Tahini Dressing:
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice (from ~1 orange)
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- Wash the kale and pat dry. Remove the tough stems, then roll up the leaves and chop. Add kale to a large bowl. Add about half the dressing and stir the kale to coat.
- Cut the ends off of the orange so it will sit flat. Cut the outer peel away so you’re left with only the flesh of the orange. Cut into 1/2 inch thick slices. Add the orange slices, pecans, raisins, and chicken breast (if using) to the kale and toss. Drizzle with remaining dressing. Dig in!
- Serving Size: 2 cups
Keywords: Orange Pecan Kale Salad with Citrus Tahini Dressing