Need a quick side dish for dinner? Make these crazy easy pan-fried plantain patties! Less than 5 ingredients and fast cook time.
- 1 yellow/brown plantain
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- ghee (or other choice of cooking fat, as needed)
- Peel the plantain and place in a medium-sized bowl. Ripe and over-ripe plantains should peel much easier than green plantains, so it shouldn't be too much effort to peel it. Using a fork, mash the plantain.
- Add the tapioca flour and cinnamon to the mashed plantain, mixing well. You'll want to make sure there are no large chunks of plantain, but small chunks are just fine.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add a couple tablespoons of your favorite cooking fat and allow it to get hot.
- Using 2-3 tablespoons for each patty, drop the plantain mixture into the skillet and fry for about 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- Serving Size: ~5 plantain patties
Keywords: Crazy Easy Pan-Fried Plantain Patties