Make the taco meat as directed, then pick 4-5 accompaniaments to build a taco bowl! Pro tip: make a double batch of the taco seasoning so you always have some on hand for a quick meal.
For the Taco Meat:
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 heaping tablespoon taco seasoning (See below)
- 4-oz can diced green chiles (optional)
For the Taco Seasoning:
- 4 tablespoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
For the Taco Bowls (all optional - mix and match!):
- Romaine lettuce, chopped
- Corn tortilla chips — use Siete Foods chips for grain free
- Refried beans
- Nacho cheese sauce — use The Honest Stand for dairy free
- Cotija cheese
- Sliced black olives
- Salsa (make your own or get storebought)
- Quick-pickled red onions
- Pickled radishes
- Pickled jalapenos
- Fresh cilantro
- Avocado or guacamole
- Thinly sliced red cabbage
- Matchsticked fresh radish
- If you don't have taco seasoning already prepared, combine all the seasoning ingredients in a sealed container and shake vigorously until fully combined.
- Next, make the taco meat. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and use a spatula to break up the meat into smaller bits while it browns, 6-8 minutes. Add the taco seasoning and green chiles, stirring to fully combine.
- To build the bowls, pick a base (taco meat, chips, or lettuce) and an additional 4-5 toppings to round out the meal. A couple of our favorites are pictured, but craft something that works for you!
Keywords: taco bowls, paleo, low carb, gluten free