The epitome of easy weeknight recipes, Chicken & Broccoli Stir Fry is about to become a go-to for you!
After asking on Instagram what kinds of recipes you want to see more of, I realized the responses had a theme: easy, quick recipes that feature meat and veggies.
Luckily, I already had this chicken & broccoli stir fry recipe waiting on the sidelines, so you don't have to wait very long to get what you want! I usually plan out my recipes weeks to months in advance, so those responses will definitely impact my fall line-up this year.
In the meantime, though, let's get to the stir fry!
I've got to admit that stir fries are normally far from my mind. Until I started testing this recipe, I hadn't made a stir fry in...years.
But I'm in my especially busy season, photographing a wedding every single weekend from August to October. So I hunted for nourishing meals I could cook up quickly and use for leftovers.
Soon, I made this stir fry and immediately regretted not making stir fries more often. This is so simple, so good!
And the best part? I can whip up a batch of the stir fry sauce on the weekend and chop up the broccoli in advance. That means that prep is a cinch when I'm ready to cook up this meal. The hard part was done days before, so serving up this meal literally takes minutes!
I know, the recipe tells you to "whisk together" the stir fry ingredients. But you can also just add all the ingredients to a jar, cap it off, and shake it up. Works just as well!
Then store the jar in the fridge until you're ready to stir fry. Shake it up again and use it! Easy as that.
I'm sure you could use this stir fry sauce with more combos of meat and veggies. Steak, snap peas, cauliflower... There's a lot of potential here.
More Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes
- Shrimp, Sausage, & Cauliflower Rice Skillet
- Thai Red Curry Beef Tenderloin Skillet
- Easy Bunless Burgers with Cilantro Dill Mayo
- Paleo Honey Sesame Chicken
- Skillet Pizza Chicken
Weeknights will never be easier with this Quick & Easy Chicken & Broccoli Stir Fry recipe in your arsenal! Prep the stir fry sauce and chop up the broccoli in advance to make cooking this meal even quicker.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (x lbs), cut into bite-sized pieces
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bunch broccoli, chopped into small florets
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
For the Stir Fry Sauce
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Toss the chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Add chicken pieces to the pan and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is browned and mostly cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking, whisk all sauce ingredients to combine.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and the broccoli to the skillet, stirring to combine. Cook for an additional 3 minutes. Stir in the sauce, and cook for 1 minute until the sauce has thickened and coats the chicken and broccoli. Remove from heat and stir in the sesame oil.
- Serve warm over cauliflower rice or white rice, if desired. Garnish with sesame seeds. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Keywords: Quick & Easy Chicken & Broccoli Stir Fry