Simple Stovetop Garlic Herb Carrots may be the BEST carrot recipe on the internet! It’s paleo, Whole30, low carb, and keto-friendly.
These tender-crisp carrot coins are swimming in a buttery, herby sauce that make these economical root veggies hard to beat!
What herbs go well with carrots?
Hmmm…how about almost all of them?
I’m only partially kidding. This recipe incorporates FIVE different herbs and frankly, it works. Carrots, on their own, have a slightly sweet flavor that lends itself well to help from spices and herbs.
For this recipe, I used garlic, dill, parsley, thyme, and rosemary together, adding some beautiful color and complex flavors to the carrots.
How to cook carrots on the stovetop
Pretty simple cooking method here! Keep a couple things in mind as you start this recipe, though:
Make sure you slice the carrots pretty thin. The thicker the coins, the longer you’ll have to cook them so they don’t stay completely crunchy.
Keep the stovetop heat at medium to medium-high — but take care not to let it get TOO hot or you risk burning the garlic and shallots.
Oh, and last one — don’t walk away! These garlic herb carrots don’t take long to cook (a total of 7 minutes). The biggest mistake many people make when cooking at home is walking away from the stove. While the garlic, shallots, and carrots are cooking, you should be stirring occasionally with a spatula.
More healthy side dishes to round out your meal
- Chipotle Honey Roasted Carrots
- Cinnamon Cumin Roasted Carrots
- Easy Cucumber Salad
- Mediterranean Cauliflower Salad
- Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus
Did you try this recipe? I’d love to hear what you think! Comment below or tag me on Instagram.Print
Make these carrots entirely on the stovetop in less than 10 minuts! With such a quick cook time, this side dish works well for weeknight meals or dinner parties.
- 3 tablespoons ghee, butter, or extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced (about 3 tablespoons minced)
- 1 pound medium carrots, cut into thin diagonal slices
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Melt ghee in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and shallot, cooking for 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add carrots and stir until evenly coated. Cook for 5-7 minutes, until tender.
- Stir in red wine. Remove from heat and add parsley, dill, thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper, stirring until coated.
- Serve immediately.
Keywords: paleo, stovetop carrots, whole30, low carb