You're gonna love these Sweet and Spicy Baked Chicken Wings.
I know because these hot honeyed wings have multiple things going for them:
- they're easy — just a handful of ingredients
- the sauce is sticky sweet with a bunch of heat
- you literally just throw everything in a dish and bake away
Sound spectacular? I think so.
I meant to share this recipe ages ago. But I first concocted it when I was still feeling very inadequate in my photography skills and I was just unhappy with the pictures. So I tucked the whole thing away, thinking I'll make this again sometime.
That time is FINALLY here. This time around, I'm so, so, so happy with the pictures. I think the wings look irresistible. Frankly, if you're looking at this recipe, you probably feel the same!
I truly enjoy chicken wing recipes. Chicken wings (like almost every part of the chicken) are a blank canvas for any number of spice rubs, herbs, and sauces.
Unfortunately I don't get to experiment with chicken wings too often... as I've explained before, my man spouse can be annoyingly skeptical when I try something new if he already has a favorite.
In this case, his favorite is Next Level Wings. Anytime I put chicken wings on the week's menu and we don't have Next Level Wings, he punctuates his slow plod through dinner with audible sighs. "They're good, but they're not Next Level."
He's like this with just about everything — he has a favorite chicken thigh recipe, a favorite shrimp recipe, a favorite taco recipe. Anytime I put a new spin on one of his favorites, he's skeptical. He's a terrible taste tester. But I love him!
Contrary to my spouse, I find enjoyment in trying new things and my favorites are constantly changing.
Gotta give a shoutout to Beth of Tasty Yummies. I struggled with these pictures tremendously, but decided to give it one last go after reading her Crispy Grilled Chicken Wings recipe—undeniable proof that a pile of chicken wings can look amazing. I drew LOTS of inspiration from her photography, and now I'm legit proud of the pictures accompanying this post!
My final suggestion for this recipe is to grab yourself a bottle of Primal Kitchen Ranch or Caesar dressing to use for dipping with these wings. Or make your own. Ranch or Caesar dressing make a refreshing accompaniment to these otherwise spicy wings!
Sweet and Spicy Baked Chicken Wings
- Combine all ingredients except chicken wings in a shallow dish, mixing well. Add chicken wings to the the sauce, tossing to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place chicken wings and sauce in a single layer on a parchment paper-lined rimmed baking sheet and pour excess marinade overtop. Bake 30 minutes or until browned. Hit 'em with a sprinkling of sea salt just before serving. Serve warm with paleo ranch or Caesar dressing.
Keywords: sweet and spicy baked chicken wings, paleo baked chicken wings